ISL9. Power To Tow, Power To Go.
great track record of proven performance continues to improve with Cummins ISL9. The ISL9 continues to have the highest power density of any engine in its class. So, whether you’re pulling a loaded dump truck out of the mud or a beverage truck across town, you’ve got the power to get the job done. The ISL9 features common technology with the Heavy-Duty ISX15 and ISX12, including the XPI fuel system, a high-capacity Electronic Control Module (ECM) and the patented Cummins
- VGT™ Turbocharger from Cummins Turbo
- ISL9 Maintenance Intervals
- Maintenance Item Miles/Kilometers Months
- Oil and Filter 20,000 mi/32,000 km 12
- Fuel Filter 20,000 mi/32,000 km 12
- Coolant Filter 15,000 mi/24,000 km 6
- Standard Coolant Change 80,000 mi/128,000 km 24
- Overhead Adjustment 150,000 mi/240,000 km 48
- Coalescing Filter Every 3rd to 4th oil change
- Def Filter 200,000 mi/320,000 km
- Particulate Filter Cleaning 200,000 mi/320,000 km
Every Benefit. Clear.
The Cummins Aftertreatment System has been proven for years and thoroughly tested under the most extreme conditions. This proven system consists of a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and a dosing system for the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF). Designing and building the package in-house allows Cummins to calibrate the engine and aftertreatment system for optimum fuel economy, performance and near-zero emissions.
The power range has been expanded, as the ISL9 adds ratings previously offered in the ISC8.3 from 260 hp to 380 hp (194-283 kW). Optional features include engine braking for better control, Rear Engine Power Take-Off (REPTO) and Front Engine Power Take-Off (FEPTO). Maintenance intervals remain unchanged. The ISL9 is one of the major reasons that Cummins engines are an industry favorite in medium-duty and vocational trucks, including dump trucks, mixers and refuse haulers. The ISL9 delivers better. Every truck.